Frustration…Anger…Crying Children… Apologies…Regret…Self-hatred… and back to frustration all over again
Does this sound familiar?
Do you find that the littlest things can send you over the edge?
Do you love being a parent one minute then hate it the next?
Do you feel like a failure?
Do you think you are a bad parent?
Do you worry that you’re messing up your child’s life?
You are NOT alone.
You are NOT A BAD PARENT.
You are just experiencing parental stress.
Stress that, if untreated, could lead to postnatal depression, generalised parental depression, or anxiety and it’s not just specific to mums. This is happening to dads too.
Hi! My name is Jackie Hall and I am the founder of the Parental Stress Centre of Australia, and a qualified counsellor.
Ten years ago, I personally experienced the torment and pain of parental stress, depression and anxiety.
Everyday I faced an uphill battle against a sense of worthlessness, a sense of not being good enough and the feeling that I was ruining my child’s life, or stuffing them up in some way. I was anxious over them waking up. I was anxious putting them to sleep. I was anxious about their behaviour in public and whenever they sparked up at home. I was anxious that I was not doing a good enough job and thought everyone else was doing it better than me.
I got stuck in a cycle where I thought if I could just do more, be more, learn more, control more and apply more information, then I’d get parenting right, but when I couldn’t control things, and life didn’t go to plan, I’d get angry. Then I would hate myself because I got angry and I would fall into a heap. I felt hopeless, useless, a failure. “What is wrong with me?!” I would often wonder.
But the next day I would vow to do it differently, and stepped straight back into that cycle. Everyday, I would go to bed feeling like I didn’t do enough and that my kids were suffering because of my inadequacies as a parent
Then, after a particular incident where I got so angry I slammed a knife on the bench so hard in anger, that it narrowly missed my (then) two year old’s head, I knew something had to change.
So I spent the next decade dedicating my life to understanding emotions, stress, depression and anxiety – within myself, and within my clients. I studied counselling. I worked in retreats working with clients with severe depression, anxiety and drug and alcohol addictions and I learnt the patterns that occur in stress and how to rewire your brain so you don’t have to live with those patterns, and the emotions that result.
I have literally had to walk my talk and am so passionate about teaching parents how to do the same.
If you resonate with anything that I’ve just said, please join me on this round of our Be the Change program, so I can show you how you can move to the other side of those painful emotions and help you to, not only feel good about yourself, but break the generational cycle of stress, depression and anxiety being passed to your kids.
Because when you change how you think and feel, you will automatically start to teach them this too.
Presented by Jackie Hall
Author, Professional Counsellor, mum of two and creator and presenter of the BE the Change Program
Introducing the Live “BE the Change” Webinar Series
Find YOUR peace and calm. Then teach it to your children.
The techniques, tools and strategies I will teach you will not only help with parental stress, but it will help you with many other aspects of your life too.
Learn how to stop your stress and manage your emotions, right in the comfort and privacy of your home, with flexible options for learning AND with all the support and more, that you would get one-on-one!
- Arranging a face-to-face session to fit in with a babysitter
- Stressing about getting organised and out of the door on time
- Having to cancel appointments at the last minute due to things coming up at home (as they always do!)
What does the program include?
Starting from Monday, 6th February, 2017 you will become part of a 4-week program, watching 1-2 hour videos each week, participating in a weekly live chat with Jackie Hall and engaging with your fellow participants in a private group.
- Each week you will receive a weekly video for you to watch/listen to. These videos are downloadable so you can access them forever!
- You can attend Weekly LIVE Chat sessions with author Jackie Hall. She’ll be live and online every Monday evening at 8.30pm AEDST (Melbourne/Sydney time) to answer your questions as you progress through the program. This is a webinar style session where you will see Jackie Hall answering your questions, as well as visual slides that help to enhance your learning.
- Homework: Summary worksheets and exercises to help you to apply your new understanding of what causes your unique parental stress, and how to change
- PERSONAL SUPPORT from TWO QUALIFIED COUNSELLORS (Jackie Hall and Michelle Flanigan, who has also experienced depression and anxiety) via our Closed Facebook group to help you if you get stuck applying the methods you’re learning, or to help you expand upon how the information applies to your specific circumstances. You will always be answered within 24hours. This means you will have all the support you need WHILE you make real-time, lasting changes to your family.
- PLUS You will also be part of a group of parents all on the same journey, who will also support you along the way, so you’ll never feel alone or judged!
- For truly sensitive questions, you can even contact me directly by email.
- Bonus FREE copy of our Ebook “The Happy Mum Handbook”
- Bonus FREE copy of our Ebook “The 28 Day Tame your Temper Parenting Challenge
And I’m so convinced that my techniques will help you transform your stress to calm, that if you find it hasn’t worked for you: I WILL GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY BACK – complete the program in its entirety, reach out for help and support, but if we cannot help you, we will refund you AND you can keep the ebooks!.
Listen to Claire's before and after story from when she did the Be the Change program last year
You can also follow Claire’s week by week progress below in the break down of what you’ll learn
Will this work for me if I suffer from diagnosed depression and/or generalised anxiety disorder?
This program teaches you how to understand the patterns that lie beneath stress, depression and anxiety. You will get an understanding of where those thought patterns come from, why it makes sense that you are feeling the way you do, and how the mind/body connection contributes to the chemical imbalances in the brain associated with these conditions.
You will learn tools to accept and cope with life’s ups and downs without becoming frustrated, angry, stressed or feeling like a failure, from someone who has felt this very same way. We will teach you how to deal with anxiety and feel more at ease with the worries associated with being a parent. And we will teach you how to rewire the brain to think/feel differently.
However, that said, we don’t know the the full extent of your history or the extent of your depression or anxiety, and often it can be deep seated beliefs at the core of these conditions that require much deeper subconscious work that may require face-to-face professional support. Jackie Hall has had extensive experience with clients with depression and anxiety, and knows how to look after her clients experiencing these illnesses. She will be able to identify through your engagement with the program, whether additional face-to-face assistance is required and will support you to seek out this support if needed.
Our clients get fantastic results from our programs (see our testimonials below) with many clients feeling that this program was enough to pull them out of their depression and anxiety, however, we always recommend using this program as general information and only in addition to traditional therapeutic channels of help.
What will I learn?
This program is very different to what you might learn in traditional parenting classes. We won’t give you unhelpful advice like “walk away when angry” or “take more time out”. Instead you’ll learn in depth tools to manage your emotions so you don’t need to walk away or take time out to feel calm (because often those are not options anyway).
Get Inside your Mind – What causes your stress?
- Recognise that you are not broken and that your brain is not malfunctioning.
- Finally, get an understanding of the specific mindset that lies behind all stress
- Learn how to identify this pattern of thinking in your own internal dialogue
- Learn how to detach from this kind of thinking and not take it so seriously.
- Understand the link between how you think and how you feel and why it makes perfect sense why stress and emotional reactions show up in your life.
- Realise (perhaps for the first time) that not only can you alleviate stressful emotions from your life fairly quickly, but that YOU are empowered to learn how to do it yourself.
- Learn why you feel emotional even though things seem to be going fine in your life.
How to change your thinking…for good
- Learn how to change your internal thinking.
- Learn how to accept the reality of unwanted events and adopt a different mindset towards these challenging times
- Learn how to control common emotions, such as anger, guilt and feeling like a failure.
- Focus on solutions by changing your stress causing mindset. No more spending loads of time dwelling on past experiences.
- Learn how to let go of irrational attachments that can cause anxiety (like perfectionism, needing the house to be clean at all times and the kids to be perfectly behaved).
- Learn exactly what you need to do when you feel consumed by your emotions.
- Learn just one, easy to remember process for understanding and changing your thinking that applies to any stressful situation in life.
- Receive a judgement free education on how to change and how to move forward.
Accepting myself and my life
- Learn how to accept yourself just as you are. Recognise how valuable you are right now!
- Understand the difference between self-worth and self-esteem.
- Be able to forgive yourself and others and let go of the past.
- Understand why you can parent without fear of ‘messing up your child’s life’.
- How to stop your angry reactions
- BE the calm and peaceful change that you wish to see in your child.
BE the Change you wish to see in your child
- What is happiness and how to model it for your child?
- Using mindfulness for those in-the-moment stressors
- Learn how to live in the present no matter what is happening
- How to put everything into action using our five step Mind TRACK to Happiness process for any situation life throws at you.
Why should I join?
The BE the Change program is run by a qualified, professional counsellor, who is also a mum who’s been through depression and anxiety (and out the other side).
Parenting consultations and advice can easily cost hundreds of dollars per session! We are offering our full comprehensive program for just $110 and you also have the option of spreading the payment out on a $30 a week payment plan over 4 weeks. Remember, that the cost of one counselling session alone can equate to more than that, but with this program you get a full month of online support from TWO Qualified counsellors!
Our program have a flawless reputation pf providing real, honest, down to earth, judgement-free support at all times, whenever you need us.
No judgement. You’ll realise you are not alone.
The feedback we get most often from clients, is reporting that they feel so relieved that they aren’t alone. You will easily relate to the information presented and very quickly realise that you can be helped and things can change. Our motto is Real support. Real Solutions. No judgement. And that’s exactly how you’ll feel.
Easy to follow
The strategies and advice in the BE the Change program aren’t quick fixes, but they do provide a step by step approach to change that’s easy to remember and easy to apply – they also work.
Money back guarantee
If you complete the BE the Change program and don’t get anything out of it, we’ll give you a full refund. We’ll even let you keep the Ebooks.
How do I join?
To join the BE the Change 4 week program, please choose from one of the payment options below.
What other parents have to say about the program
You have no idea just how much you have helped me. I am a first time mum so it was very hard at times. I felt alone, even with my husband and my life just changed in a blink of an eye. I read so many books on parenting, but none really had anything about the dark side (lol) of being a mum. When I came across your book by chance, I was really at a low point of motherhood. I just wanted my old life back, but your book was a godsend. I’m now loving motherhood. I’ve let go of my past life and am living family life to the fullest!